View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last night in Mistmoore, on my 28 enc, I soloed the last half of the level using the same mobs I had used to previously solo the first part. Charm seemed no different (better if anything)
I think its extremely hard for the human brain to measure small differences in the average value of highly random processes. How about you check your logs and post? This goes for you too Writ3r.

Quote:
Also your math looks way off in a few areas - 4 of your samples were well over 3 minutes, with 1 (the 2:31 where you broke charm) having the potential to be. Where did the <1% chance for 3 min charm duration come from? Assuming a normal distribution of charm durations (which I doubt from this, although the sample size is small) the standard deviation would have to be huge.
I said the average has a 1% chance to be over 3 minutes, not an individual charm. I resampled the data many times to create a distribution for the mean, which should be more or less gaussian even though the distribution for an individual charm is not.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard