View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For about 8 months, CotH has required a minimum distance of 500 units to have a chance to clear aggro.
where did you get the 500 range from?
only post about range I can find is:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...05276661247056

"It is useful but it has rules. It is a must, though. One of the class defining spells we get, and very useful in many situations.

It will summon a group member to you. You have to have the group leader be an "anchor" at zoneline or wherever you are pulling people FROM. They invite a person to group, then you cast CoH to bring them to you. When everyone is assembled, pull the anchor last.

A couple of high level zones have CoH disabled (Plane of Sky comes to mind) so that you "don't skip important content".

Another important thing this spell does is clear aggro. If a tank gets in trouble or a puller gets too many, they can call for a CoH and you can summon them to you safely and without anything still mad at it. The target has to be further than 200ft away or the aggro will remain."

basicly just outside most normal spell range for wizard nukes, druid heals etc etc

100/200 number has been used by verant for other spells so....
but has the 500 range number ever been used ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green