View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

I disagree with Faerie. I don't know what class he/she plays, but my experience has been the higher my cha got, the better my mez resist rate was, the better my charm resist rate was, the less likely my charm would break early, all of the very intuitive things that you would just assume happen as your cha goes up.

I don't find cha useless at all. If anything, lately I've been questioning the usefulness of dex. I don't think I've had more than 3 or 4 missed notes in months and my dex has been steadily dropping as I've gotten more stupidly itemized planar gear that is mostly str and agi. I think instrument skill level (which is tantamount to level) has more to do with that than anything. Maybe when you're level 20 having 200 dex is more important than when you're 60. I'd concede that.

Keep in mind, when I say "my experience" I mean "it's seemed to me" and that's very subjective/could be incorrect. I have no numbers or data.

As far as "do missed notes matter," I mostly agree about them not really being too big a deal, but when you've got five mobs charging you that need to be mezzed asap, a missed note can make a difference. Timing is everything.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 04-08-2014 at 10:44 PM..