View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Before I get to my haymaker punch of evidence let me address Darworth...

Quote:
if i was a shaman and was able to stack dots every fight would open with lower end ones before the big dots to prevent people from curing them off immediately which is how the game ended up, i have to think at least a few of the shamans i encountered would of had the same idea
The longer you put off landing your heavy dmg DoTs the longer your opponent lives to heal themselves or kill you. It's ideal to put the lower level ones first, but no situation is ideal. I tried this when I PvP'd but it's best to rely on slam/pet to interrupt cures and just put on your heavy DoTs. Besides if I go disease and poison you have to have 2 cure different pots/spells ready. And if you cure more counters than needed it doesn't carry over to my disease counters being cured, whereas 2 poison DoTs it will carry over to cancel out the next one.

And now my mofrackin' haymaker of evidence

http://web.archive.org/web/200203050...ll.asp?Id=1184
Quote:
STACKING, By Falkar the everwalker (1/28/2001)

Yes, this spell will stack with others. All DOT spells of the same type do stack.
Can it get any clearer?

From the same link...
Quote:
DOTS, By Scratchen (1/28/2001)

When I started EQ I played an Enchanter and use to cast thier DOT (Damage over Time) spell over and over thinking that it worked like a DD (Direct Damage). Now EQ has a message that indicates when the spell wears off, but along with these messages came a nerf. DOTS require that the subject be still in order to have the full effect. So dont be fooled by old messages about casting this awesome dot and then running around with SOW or something. You wont get the damage out of this spell unless the critter is holding still, and this includes when they start walking away from you. Make sure you cast this spell toward the beginning and dont recast it like I did. ID Use Blind or the Frosty spell to pull a critter, and then once you have it in front of you, this spell casts fast enough to get it in between punches.
So everyone in the other posts who said they were stacking all received messages when DoTs wore off meaning if they overwrote the DoT they would know. This was the same time you got "did not take hold" message as well. This means whether they casted a higher or lower level spell they'd get a "wore off" or "did not take hold" message. It's highly unlikely all of these people could be that absentminded to grind 100s and 100s of mobs (with slow classic xp) and not notice these messages they receive every fight...

http://web.archive.org/web/200208110...ll.asp?Id=1114
Quote:

ALL SHAMAN DOTS DO STACK
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2002i have a lvl 20 shaman and my main is a 54 cleric. i have tried stacking all my dots onto myslef and the DO stack on myself other players and mobs. it is great at this lvl to stack all 3 of your dis dots you get.
Hmmm... pretty clear.

Quote:

SPELL STACKING
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2002All Shaman spells Stack. Period. so in theory, Sickness, Tainted Breath, Affliction, Evenomed Breath,Scourge,Venom of the Snake,Evenomed Bolt, Plauge,Bane of Nife,and Pox of Bertoxxulous can ALL BE ON ONE MOB AT THE SAME TIME. every spell wills tack, poison, disease, AE, WHATEVER. try stuff before you post stuff. I can guarantee you you have not played a shaman to 19, or have not tried stacking 3 DoTs at ONCE!!! Sorry, got a little hot headed... but I hate it when people say things they dont know, have not tried, and care not to try.
Lol this guy is experiencing exactly what I am. People just don't know and because they played a dru, nec, enc, etc... they assume..

Quote:
BLAH
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2002All of your different poison DoTs will stack as well as all of your different disease DoTs. But if you're grouped with another shaman both of your tainted breath's won't stack.
Clear as day. Uthgaard, thoughts?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]Who's hungry?
Last edited by Castle; 11-15-2011 at 02:45 PM..