Thread: EQ Live
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Not even going to bother with the live version, but not for the reasons already mentioned. There are 2 for me:

1) cost. These days I'm counting every penny so resubbing to EQ is just not in the cards right now. I could call up some old friends to see if I could borrow their account, but this leads me to my next point.....

2) multi-boxing. There is going to be a TON of it. Most people who are on live still have 2 accounts or more, or at least have access to more than 1 account. Or people would resub old accounts so they could multi-box in the prog server. That would drive me nuts since finding a group there would be just as hard (if not harder) than it is here, even with a larger player population.

And other than those two points, I agree with what has already been said. SoE would probably make the experience much easier than it was back in the day because current live subs have gotten used to a slightly easier game. Or in general, P99 is probably going to give a better "classic" experience than SoE could deliver. Which is sad that this little private server can kick SoE's ass......even though SoE has a TON more $ and man power and actually owns the original game.

Just my 2cp.