View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Is this a troll? Sullon Zek was retarded. I played there for years and it was the worst designed server in the history of MMORPGs. A lot of awesome PvP happened on that server, but it happened despite the ruleset, not because of it. The quality of the PvP (in the beginning, that is - the PvP was shit after PoP) had to do with the type of players that were on SZ. Everything else was a failure.

Quote:
1. Player v. Player (PvP) combat can occur between any characters that are not on the same team, regardless of level. A level 50 character can attack and kill a level 6 character if that character is not a member of his alliance.
The most retarded thing ever. Being able to kill someone 50 levels below you can by definiton not serve any purpose other than griefing. One-shotting newbies in Crushbone is not PvP.

Quote:
3. Characters will lose experience when killed in PvP combat if the character that killed them is within 5 levels. The amount of experience lost will be the same amount that is lost if that character is killed by an NPC. Your corpse can be resurrected by a cleric to partially restore lost experience.
Alright, that wasn't so bad. Didn't really affect anything much because you lost so little XP from any death on SZ. I seem to remember losing like one blue from deaths even at 60+, whether PvP or PvE. I never even bothered asking anyone for a rez if I wasn't grouped with a cleric.

Quote:
5. Players may only have one character at a time on this server. This means that you will have to delete the existing character in order to create a new one. Because we are introducing a new class and a new race with the release of Shadows of Luclin we plan to make allowances at that time for those that wish to explore these new characters.
That limitation was removed after a while. The inability to make an alt serves no purpose other than to make you burn out faster. It would be completely pointless here because accounts are free.

Quote:
6. Characters will not be able to group with anyone that is not on their Deity Team.

7. Characters will not be able to invite someone to join their guild that is not on their Deity Team.
This was retarded and only resulted in the inevitable: one team ruled unchallenged, one team was sort of in the middle, and one team was worthless. It completely destroyed any chance of competitiveness. Teams will never be equal in any MMORPG, and it was only made worse by the fact that the teams didn't have access to the same classes.

Quote:
9. Resistance debuff spells have a 50% increased effectiveness against player characters.
That was actually good and they should implement that here. Doesn't really have anything to do with what defined SZ.

Quote:
13. Rules such as the Play Nice Policy do not apply to this server. Characters have the ability on this server to deal with their conflicts through combat. Causing experience loss by 'training' NPCs on other characters is not an offense that would warrant a warning this server. HOWEVER: All rules regarding general decency still apply. Cursing, threats and other such things will be dealt with sternly, and are still unacceptable behavior on any PvP server.
This can never really be enforced anyway. Excessive training should be policed because of how abusive it is, but shit like LnS is up to the playerbase. I remember getting suspended for a week for saying ****** in the trade channel while 80% the server got away with blatantly hacking for years.

All in all, Sullon Zek lasted a year or two and then it became a joke of a server where PvP was pointless because you were either automatically winning because you picked team evil or you were two expansions behind because you didn't. It was a failed experiment.