View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default Bard Psalm of Vitality

This song should be removing atleast one disease counter per tic if not more being a lvl 29 song.

Submited by: Celestieal Tunemaker On: 2/11/2001 5:00:05 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I spoke to some Verant people about this at the Fan Faire, and this is how they explained it to me:

Lets say you have been inflected with a high level poison or disease spell. Lets say that spell has a "number" value of 100, thus counting down over time until the effect has been run its course.

Spells that "cure" these effects, also have a "number" value, basically subtracting away from the time that is left on the poison or disease effect. For example, lets say a casters version of "Cure Disease" carries a number value of "75". In most cases, you would be cured in the first cast. Since Bard Songs only have a short durration (6-18 seconds), you are forced to recast all the time. Since this is the case, a Bard's version of "Cure Disease" carries a number value of "5", thus taking more casts to subtract the "number value" of the disease spell.

The number ratio's are just purly for example. I do not know the offcial ratios of any spells, or songs, nor would anyone from Verant tell me.

I hope this helps all you Bards out there, that think this song is broken, because its not.

Celestieal Tunemaker
Bard of the 23 Season