View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcinsane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bard is now level 40. I have been AOE kiting since i got selo's running in circles style. The max amount of mobs i am able to do is 20~25. At that point though things are fairly laggy. I do not die very often and i am able to compensate for the lag that i get pretty well, but its difficult.

I am just curious to those of you bards out there, how laggy are you when you are up to 25+ mobs? I am running a multicore processor and i understand there is issues with that, but I have met others my level who can't even do 5 mobs without lagging up.
Have you read this whole thread? There are a lot of tips buried here or there for helping you to deal with lag.

Spell effects off.
Clip plane low/minimum while killing.
Sky off.
Weather effects at minimum.
Filter out dot damage.
Don't run a /log.
Don't face the sky if there is a thunderstorm.

May be a few others. This stuff made a huge, HUGE difference for me when I started using it.

You can also run p99 from your ram or a SSD or a modern thumb drive, some people say that smooths out running around near so many mobs (though I've never tried it).

I could kite 120ish things in OT and 80-90 in BW without any problems.