View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I very much so enjoy bards, I've played with some good ones that have performed excellent crowd control. However, that's pretty much what i have seen as their max potential for dungeon groups. I would definitely say enchanter is best, shaman is a close second but at least in my eyes shaman's ability is epic soloing which isn't particularly helpful in a group. Fantastic root CC/extra heals etc but without fungi or natural regen they're kind of lacking in a steady stream when duoing with a monk. Just more efficient to solo. I decided to re-roll an enchanter for lower level fun (previously have leveled/epiced an enchanter at 55 and I can tell you that there is nothing more fun than having charm last for 5-10 minutes in unrest at lvl 19 on a mummy that quad hits, two for 38dmg 2 for 15-25. Thinking about it makes me want to unbox my desktop to play.
that's a fair point. enchanters can really affect a group in all measurable ways, from killing power to crowd control to the healers mana pool. it's really starting to look like a three-horse race between bard, enchanter, and shaman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic rogue
I will say the dps output of an epic rogue is a sight to behold. it really does affect the time mobs are alive and able to deal damage, which makes life easier on everybody. the thing is though, you really don't need a lot of skill to deal a tremendous amount of damage with a ragebringer. it would seem to me that there would probably be only a small gap in terms of production between a master and novice. also, dps is really all a rogue has going for it other than dungeon scouting/lock picking. valuable yes, most valuable? hmm.

Geguven - (a very original) Halfling Druid
Last edited by bridgetroll; 02-02-2014 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: more thoughts