View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneadx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those of you who helped me out on this, here was the final outcome:
Barbarian Shaman ( lvl 7 - 44 ) Total Grind Time: 15 hours (give or take)
First off I want to thank all of you for your helpful advice, it definitely came into use on more then one occasion. I went with OT as the zone of choice for the clicky pet, gave him the DW lifetap staves, and was just overall extremely careful with my choices on what to pull. Being a shaman made this infinitely easier then it would have been say if I were a melee class. With a lot of kiting, and slow pulling mobs, the skeleton pet was able to handle cockatrice/sabertooth/succulents/rhinos and sarnaks, all without losing about 1-5% hp a pull. There is a safe ledge on the left side of the ramp facing FM that you can run up on and park your skelly pet to leave him on overnight without fear of them getting agro. Make sure you do NOT park him on the RIGHT side facing FM entrance, as a friend of mine told me he ran by watching my skeleton fighting a wanderer around 4am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The pet begins to go yellow at around 39-40, and it turned out that my clicky pet ended up being level 41. By the end it certainly felt more like playing a necromancer then being PLd by a pet!
Overall it was a great experience, a little tense, but effective, and I would recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on the clicky pet. Thank you for all your help Glaurung, Sylene, Zort, and Aguy!
very cool. i am green with envy!