View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

DC Universe is made by SOE. Same people that run EQ now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for its similarities to COH. I've not personally played COH, but a lot have, and asked the same question so I've read quite a bit about it. The thing about CoH that I've heard is that its really fun for about a month, and then it gets boring. You run out of stuff to do, and it sucks.

With DC Universe, there is an end game. They have raids in the game right now, with more going to be added all the time. You have to run the instances, get the gear, run the raids, get the better gear. That's the biggest difference, is the end game.

I don't feel like the game gives you everything right out the door. You have to work for a lot of your stuff, and I like this.

It's a huge change from WoW for me, as there was team work needed to complete some of the early instances you run. You just simply can't win otherwise. Now, I know Cata dungeons are actually more like this, but Wrath dungeons were a joke.

In DCUO, it's very hard to complete the instances if you don't have the team working together. A team consists of 4 people, and they have a WoW style Looking for Dungeon tool where you pick your role and get into an instance when your queue comes up.

The best thing about this game though? Everyone plays DPS. Healers? You gotta DPS or your heals suck ass. Tanks? You gotta DPS to trigger your 90% mitigation buff that lets you actually tank. Controllers? You gotta DPS in order to regen power (mana) to the whole group.

In groups there is a dedicated DPS person that ends up anywhere from 20-40% higher in damage than the rest of the group. But the tank, healer, controller should all be about the same.

It's fun, and worth the try.