View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to wish you better luck than I've had with this endeavor. If you'd said "I have five friends, all of us long-time, solid classic EQ fans" then you'd have a better chance of everyone sticking it out. My last attempt, a buddy of mine was all stoked and talking shit to our other friends about how much better EQ is than all the current MMO's and acting tough (he'd played EQ during PoP). He madea toon, took a five minute run from Kelethin to Butcherblock, then told me "I don't think I can play this game". I haven't seen him online since. So before you start, make sure your buddies have realistic expectations of EQ! (It's hard, the graphics suck, leveling isn't accomplished in two weeks, etc)
I've had this kind of thing happen at least 3 or 4 times over the last 5-8 years with old friends who PLAYED EQ during the classic era. And this was during later expansions when everything got all dumbed down. The thing is, as easy as things like travel and whatnot got, the game is still harder (or was last time I played 3 years ago) than pretty much every game out there, so far as I know. They just can't handle the challenges anymore after playing on ezmode for so long.