View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These changes arent worth 345k.
I agree, I wouldn't buy one at that price.

I have only provided the answer to the question of why many players place a high value on the Amulet of Necropotence and argued that the existence of alternative methods of obtaining its individual effects has no bearing on its versatility. Neither of these are the same thing as claiming it's worth 350k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday I was searching forums for the super secret benefits of an AON, and saw an old thread asking the same thing and noticed you've been having this same argument since 2015. The only difference is, in that thread like 20 people were telling you you were wrong it was just mostly just a vanity item instead of just me.

Keep up the good fight, another two years and you might convince someone.
The answer to the question hasn't changed. I'll give you my permission to pretend I'm emotionally invested in your opinion if it makes you feel better, though.

For your own sake, just try to keep in mind that there is a difference between understanding why other people make the choices they do and wanting to make those same choices for yourself. To you, the AoN is not worth what sellers want for it. The only thing this means is that you shouldn't buy one. To some players, the item is worth the price tag. The important thing to realize is that we all have different value systems and that when two people disagree on value, it isn't a requirement that one of them be wrong.

Based on the level of comprehension you've exhibited so far, I'm not all that hopeful you'll be able to understand this idea, but I still will feel good knowing I did what I could to make you a better person.