View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A way you can test which options are patching multiple times would be to use a diff tool to compare the old and the new for differences.

This is still not reliable because certain options will react differently depending on the palette of the texture being examined.
Well, in any case, if I can find any single instance where a texture has been changed when the batch output says otherwise, then that's enough evidence to disprove my "it will never patch any texture more than once" hypothesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no good reason to remove the backup/restore functionality as this will ensure that you will always start with a known-good version.
Right, I understand that - I'm just positing that there might actually be no reason at all to start with a known-good version when running patch_s3d_textures.bat, because it might never come across an instance where it would repatch a texture that's already been patched. Will do some more digging - thanks for the explanations!