View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, although I think a point OP was alluding to is depending on the type and location of the PH (i.e., static camp in an obscure area that spawns mobs totally unrelated to the quest mob), and spawn chance of the mob, there could've been a decent chance that no one would ever figure it out and that's a bit of bad design. In the case of this specific quest, better design probably would've been to increase the number of PHs to include more mobs that wander throughout LFay.
While I do miss the pre-wiki days of collective exploration, when Identify may have actually been helpful, I do agree overall. I think they started with this intent, of obtuse quest design, and then development spiraled and they got more and more rushed to finish, and a whole lot got just...left in whatever state it was when it was time for release. This was early days when they literally were guessing what an MMO player group would even do, and they were designing based on guesses and hopes. Not tryna argue that Brad was a genius playing 5 dimensional chess or anything. EQ1 is a mess. A beloved mess.