View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all im asking is for an even playing field without subjecting everyone to "forced" boxing to compete. in fact i hope they go hardcore SZ ruleset. one char per IP on one team. even more + is tie that one toon to their forum account. no more spies, no more BS. everyone accountable. i know thats unrealistic and probably far from popular but thought id throw that out there since people are suggesting boxing.

boxing was classic but at the expense of precious bandwidth (til broadband was everywhere) and at the cost of a 2nd account beig payed for plus the purchase of the game and its expansions. not til late velious did i really see boxing become popular, even then it wasnt as bad as it would probably be here. maybe i was just never exposed to it but it was seldom i was aware of someone boxing until luclin +.
People that play by themselves will still be welcomed in groups. I think the people that wouldn't allow you in their group of 2 (boxing) would most likely be the type that is going to solo if boxing isn't enabled.

Instead of looking for a group of 3-4 to be viable you can be a viable group with just one other person. If you have 3-4 real people you can drop the boxing or just have 1-2 people boxing clerics and play the class you want. People will always choose a real person over a second box.

To the discussion about big guilds being 2x as big, it really would be a cluster to have 20 people x 2 running around pvping. The competition comes into play when you can have a 12 person guild be able to have the numbers to do a decent raid. It is fun being in a guild of your choosing with a group of players that have the same mind set as you. Boxing does help this. If you want to be in a roleplaying guild like rule of rile you can and still be viable.

To those saying boxing will hurt them because of 2v1 pvp scenarios, it is just as easy to get away from someone boxing than 1 v 1. Also, if you are attacking someone that is boxing, you can normally target the one they aren't playing and sneak up on them before they even know they are being attacked. People boxing end up getting owned pretty easy when caught off guard. Imagine a melee with a support. The attacker can wait until the melee is occupied and focus on the support for a couple seconds before they even know what hits them. By that time the melee is 0 help because the support needs to be played just to stay alive. Switching back and forth at this point is not easy and ends up hurting the boxer.