View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have giant industrial complexes housing thousands of pigs and tens of thousands of chicken in tiny compartments who never see the sun in their life and get killed by automated machines with the female sows being shackled against the wall for their entire life so they don't crush their piglets in what some biologists believe is actually their instinct of mercy killing.

And the food for these complexes comes from south America, Paraguay and Brasil. Small farmers live there, then a corporation comes along and buys the land. The people who worked it don't know where to go, so they stay. Next step a death squad is sent out that murders someone, usually a small farmer unionist. Then a so called "It's done"- plane flies over, spraying herbicides and killing everything. Now the people have to flee, so the large equipment can be brought in to move all the poisoned land aside and on the fertile soil a dozen feet below the tainted one vast field as far as the eye can see are planted.

But hey, I guess some redneck having 900 cattle free range grazing is ruining the environment and he needs to be stopped.
Your conflating cowboy cattle grazing with starving Africans and industrialized food production and GMO liscencing.

The question is, is this family really entitled to fee free use of the land due to the law? Does does the states law override their original ownership? What is the history? Who really owns the land?

Meat has it's merits. But so do other sources of nutrition. People eat too many big macs. Chinese arent going to put in big farms with the solar power. People can do what they want with it. I would grow spirulina and chlorella with some fishies.

This isn't about a big bad government. It's about an uncompromising family who has had since 1993 to re-arrange their business.

Whole damn thing reminds me Skyrim and it's Jarls and Ulfric. Especially with the crazy mormon ties to the good o'le boy network.
Last edited by Azure; 04-14-2014 at 06:34 PM..