Thread: /petition
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question /petition

I'd like to point out that I have only recently joined the server, and the players have made me feel extremely welcome. I'm posting from a different account than my character's name as to not cause conflict.

I've been on Red for a few days, it's amazing, I love the PvP, the players, the feel of the game; it all feels great. However I have had a few technical issues along with several of my friends. When petitioned I was dealt with harshly told that it was not something I should petition about, and to take it to the technical discussion forums. Well, the GM named the bug, and then refused to provide any insight. (I used Google)

I understand that OOC is no longer a social Channel, but I'm sorry— The server pop is less than 500, and not being able to post in OOC makes the game far less entertaining unless you're in a large guild or always in a group.
My friend can't even use OOC anymore after being banned from it for having a conversation— not vulgarity, nothing bad, but a conversation while the server was slow.

After petitioning my issue, I responded with a short, single line of text to a post in OOC, and the GM immediately responded by warning me about how important it is to not be social in chat. (It took nearly half an hour to get a response for my petition)

So, sorry, I don't feel welcome here, not in the slightest— not because of the players, but because of the GM that seems to have it out for the server pop. I know it's against the rules now to post in OOC, but I'm new and the first time it happened I was dealt with just as harshly after stating that I was brand new to the server.

This is what I propose— Don't let OOC become a flamewar, actually monitor it if you're going to put a rule like that in place. That way we can still have a social experience in a game that relies on that. I will not name the GM, and I'm sure that they're doing their job, but you know who you are, as do many of the players on Red (I have talked to several players that are much more upset than I am). Please, take it down a notch, we aren't animals; stop trying to punish us for wanting human interaction.

Note: I know the rule was put in place because of people ABUSING the use of OOC, this does not apply to them. This post is for the players that have had their hands chopped off for saying hey to a friend.