View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Kobold

This goes along with .. does giving your kid the wheel to the Wii and letting him play Mario Kart when he's 3 make you a bad parent.

I can tell you as a parent of a 1 year old and a 2 year old that they have attention spans of fucking gnats. They will want to push buttons and see the reactions on your screen because only a hand full of their toys make reactions when they push buttons.. or they have pushed the buttons so much that they are looking for new and attention holding.

The OP calling Vas a bad parent just shows how juvenile they think. I for one am all about spending time with your children and doing things, but you can only do that so much before they want new and more. And EVERYTHING you do your child wants to do. Sitting on the couch watching tv.. yep hes right there next to me, eating dinner at the table.. yep he doesn't like his high chair anymore because "Mommy and Daddy" don't have to sit in them. So he doesn't either.

Anytime I play XBox for even 10 - 15 minutes at a time, he has a controller in his hand (no batteries) but he's doing it to imitate.

I give props to parents who let their children interact with them on any level. Now I would be in the same boat saying they were a bad parent if they were playing the game for 8+ hours a day, neglecting their children or if their 7 year old was failing at school because they spend more time on video games and not enough time practicing their abc's and 123's.

Obviously this is not the case.