View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by regatta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still save spell sets. I'm a cleric so what I've done is made spell sets for whatever situation I may encounter. A spell set for group healing, spell set for raid buffing, spell set for resist buffing, spell set for solo'ing (both undead and live mobs). It's still almost just as easy as it was. No reason to make reasons why it should be like it was when it's not going to change back. Just adapt-and-overcome.
Yeah i play a necro and a cleric.

The cleric is the easy one to set up, since you're almost always going to have 2-3 heals up, two DAs and a couple slots that are fluid.. Or you're on the raid buff set, or the typical root-n-nuke soloing set. about our only annoyance there is swapping in some stuns, blinds, and dispells based on where we are raiding. Plus we can always hit DA and have 18 seconds to find a root or gate or nuke or whatever in our spell book when we are being beaten on.

A class like shaman, while they'll have to pull their hair out getting their spell book tidy, is going to have a long, long list of buff sets that'll be less-than-joyous to put together.

Like Enchanter, Necros are the jack-of-all-trades class that is most affected by this, as we probably experience far more 'on the fly' spells swaps compared to the more traditional priest and nuker classes. I'm sure everyone that has played EQ has laughed at a necro or enchanter in a bad spot who's had to mem gate on the fly. At least the necro can do it between feigns. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.