View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. before the exp nerf, there's absolutely NO WAY this was faster than normal charming, because you never had to spend mana on a terrible enchanter nuke except for your lvl 1 nuke, you would just break and charm a new pet to finish off the old one.

2. you can calm mobs before blurring them, this lets you literally sit next to a mob while they are regenning their hp.

3. there's lots of mobs that quad without weapons now, i think the greater warbones are one of those mobs. also, skeletal guardians definitely quad without weapons, i've used them before.

otherwise a good technique that i've used myself with multiple mobs to create a "mob grinder" effect.
You dont have any mana problems at all because of this nuke, since you can always use theft of thought on your rootmob, also you can use a lower lvl nuke which isnt that bad manawise. i still think this method was
faster because your mobs did a lot more dmg than a charmpet. i dont think the mobs still quad if you have them charmed? idk tho, i still think its faster. mobs may quad without weapon but at the time i used this strat they did WAY more damage with 2 weapons, i was almost falling asleep when my pets didnt have 2 weapons. I think the dmg increase makes up for anything else, im sure this is at least as fast as regular charming if you do it right, i still think its a lot faster.

What you say about calm is true but it isnt really needed unless you have not enough room.