Thread: EQEmu Launcher
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear sometimes the EQEmuLauncher is more trouble than its worth. And I can't believe all the information regarding setting up P99 without the Launcher has been removed...

Here goes:
1) Default install of EQ: Titanium (other clients will NOT work). Copy/pasting the EQ folder from another install works just fine here. (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)
2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.
3) Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.
4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say "C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme. The quotes are only needed around the destination string if it contains spaces. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box.
5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice.
6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.
8) Download the latest eqchangesvXX.zip file from the patch notes. As of this post, we are on v28, found . http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv28.zip if this post is out of date, just update "28" with the current number)
9) Extract the eqchangesvXX.zip file into the C:\Everquest directory, overwriting any files it asks for.
10) Within the C:\Everquest directory, delete the following files to allow these updated zones to function properly on P99:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

11) Log into the server with the account you created at EQEmulator.org.
12) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.
13) Enjoy playing on P99.