View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you think it's more important to worry about fixing some underlying 'problem' that is causing socking rather than worrying about whether or not people are playing Everquest on a calculator or Falcon-nw.com.

I'd rather someone having a SSD or being Rogean's roommate as the 'X' factor in raiding that auto-fire/poopsocking/1000 alts, etc...
Underlying problem is lack of content, and I'm not sure how much more betaing will help fix that.

Other problem is people not wanting to do a complete share (rotation), so we have competition which is what we are trying to compromise on.

If we get variance reduces greatly, people will only have to track for a 30-60 min window. To combat socking you implement a set of rules that say you can only have X in zone and only these 2 May go for FTE.

What you're suggesting just means 1 person is forced to sit at character select screen and way for a batphone. Or far more likely, play, then /quit and swap to their char select screen of an IP exempt account. Just another flavor of tracking. It just favors those who want to sit at char select or those with an Ip exempt and those with the fastest SSD.

Orrrr put everyone on the same footing, foot race from a given start point. Remove all the inconsistencies listed above.

Again, cucumber and I are confused. Elaborate on what you mean about short variance and long windows. Cause if you're against reducing variance the whole thing is moot and we are no better off than we would be staying with CotH ducking. Which I pray isn't the case. I can't fathom anyone prefers 16 hour variance to 1 hour variance.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-31-2014 at 12:03 PM..