View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

I can comment on raiding on a wizard. I do not play him for exp or farming.

On P99, wizard agro can easily be mitigated by your tank dumping a mallet and a few other clickies into a mob. I will not advocate that this is classic wizard play but it works here.

A great wizard with a solid tank will top the DPS and Damage done charts on all fights in Kunark. And will normally never need a healer or bard resist songs if they gear out appropiately and buff themselves properly before each encounter.

I normally only play my wizard outside of VP. On Gore I have done up to 10k damage in a normally balanced 30 man raid. Normal damage in our raids where our raid dps is quite high is closer to 3-7k on most fights.

Velious will move the wizards to a mid tier damage dealer until bane spells are released. Wizards can normally sustain their damage with very little outside assistance in terms of heals or buffs etc. so raiding guilds welcome wizards with open arms.

As for positioning on your wizard, if you find that this an issue, try and use spells with lower cast times (inny and ct where the mobs bounce) . Or position yourself behind your tank if you doing mobs such as Gorenaire where the push can be predicted. Then after each cast, adjust your position in accordance with the push rate, prior to casting your next nuke.
Last edited by getsome; 11-05-2014 at 02:52 PM..