View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.
I feel like this is a good enough reason to be on beta; sure, I have seen Velious, but being that I started well after Velious was new content it has been fun for this reason to go and check out what things con, how easily I can kill, what factions I'm ok with by default etc.

I never raided much velious on live besides ToV with my guild (1 and a half raid dragon zerg) and it was loads of fun. To be able to see the xpac in this state is more exciting as my experience with Velious in this context is very little.

Leveling a new toon for Velious would be nice, but beta has been pretty fun.. we aren't forced to be part of beta nor pay for our time here, so it seems reasonable to me that 1 or 2 days of my playtime during the week be used to help the people who run this server (emphasis on for free to you) establish and confirm their labors and work toward the server since the release of Kunark.

tl;dr? Velious is good, your GMs ask for nothing in return=help a GM brotha out and reciprocate that privilege of free things by beta'ing for free for a day.