View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Kobold

Pathing works - in outdoor zones.

Otherwise, I have found major problems in all dungeons I have been to, City of Mist, Befallen, Paw and especially Lguk. The most dangerous problems occur in areas that have a vertical aspect, Lguk dark tower is incredibly dangerous to have a pet up in (especially the crappy enc pet which loves to fall off every edge it sees, and charge mindlessly ahead into groups of enemies whilst finding a path). The castle in live side is also very risky and hard to navigate, where mobs routinely run up against walls and then pop up unexpectedly right next to you or in the next corridor. It is very difficult to work out a safe pull there.

Massive trains result from a single pull falling off a ledge, running in the opposite direction or going through a wall. You will learn to avoid these areas through experience (loss). These issues are common enough that the careful player mustn't trust the mobs to path correctly and it is usually a better bet to root first and ask questions later, even if this method is technically less efficient.

I'm not saying the server is unplayable, but if you want to solo or make riskier pulls in dungeons you better have Feign Death or a full group. The pathing situation is pretty dire, and even if it is super-hard to fix, it is still a major problem that should be addressed if possible. I'm unwilling to test areas for repeatable bugs because bad pathing usually means a corpse run and exp loss!