View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't come across one damn thing thats screwed up in my 4 hours of messing around in riverdale and misty thicket. Actually its better than I remember original. Probably cuz I was 14 playing on dial up when I first played.
of course pathing in outdoor zones is fine. even if it's technically wrong there's no way for us to notice it because a mob with incorrect pathing still looks like he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do outdoors - wander aimlessly.

it's a whole different ballgame inside a dungeon. you will see mobs walk through walls, teleport, run randomly into another crowd of mobs and aggro a whole room for no reason, etc. and it's all because the pathing is fucked up.

i don't really blame the devs, pathing has to be one of the most time consuming things to fix. each mob / area that is pathing incorrectly must be validated and fixed separately and that's got to be a mountain of work considering how many mobs and how large the dungeons are in everquest. however, it is what it is. enter at your own risk.