View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I'm thinking of is Pantheon needs to find a way to make it so when you're in a group you can still ninja-afk without huge consequences. Perhaps your character can disappear when you're afk or it can become like a mercenary. Anyway, I think finding a way to make Pantheon friendly to parents (who're more susceptible to 5 minute ninja afk's) and others in general who live a busy life is not a terrible idea. And of course there're those people that just need to go to the toilet or cook something fast. All in all, it'd be nice if the game could still feel hardcore while also not making us feel like we can't afk to fulfill basic functions.
I like the Merc idea very much. Would allow for those afk moments, and open a whole new world to boxing for those of us who like it. Think how many more people would box (and pay for the extra accounts) if they didn't have to struggle with the setup and software to make it work.

Personally I have boxed most games I have played, 2-3 boxed eq2, vanguard, swg, tabula rasa, firefall, 4 boxed EQ live and 16 boxed on Wow.

Boxing for me was a way to work on harder group content without having to sit lfg for hours. And let's face it, most MMO's are not rocket science, so just playing 1 toon would get boring for me.

I realize my opinion on boxing is counter to many people who play these games to socialize as they are mmorpg's. But I have a life and a social job and personally I don't play these games to make friends, I play to relax and enjoy myself and in the brave new word of instances and multiple shards on a single mega server, people boxing is not going to effect or impact other people really. I understand the argument against it in classic EQ as one person can lock down a group camp, but that is not an issue in todays gaming.
Last edited by citizen1080; 01-24-2014 at 11:10 PM..