View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

A few of the devs have been pretty outspoken about how much they disliked Luclin.

I personally didn't hate luclin, there were certainly some fun additions to the game with that expansion. That being said, I can't deny that some of the content (like alien life-forms)certainly stretched the EQ universe a tad much. And many people (myself not included) absolutely hated the bazaar. I for one don't think that the Nexus portals were a huge detriment to the game (since they still involved a 15 minute wait) but there is enough backlash to the idea of ever implementing it here that it's worth taking in to account.

Another idea that was tossed around many months ago was to do some semi-custom designs on pre-existing content. One I came up with was adding the Planes of Power to the original trilogy and completely bypassing Luclin and, what could possibly be the biggest downfall of Everquest, the Plane of Knowledge:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11879

It was by no means a pefcect idea but there are quite a few people that would agree that PoP should have been the end of the EQ storyline. The main setback to it was how much it shrunk the game-world and made certain areas veritable ghost towns when they added a central zone with portals to nearly every place else.

PoP was just so epic that years from now when everything in Velious will have been done, it would be a shame to not have that ultimate raid heavy content there for everyone to "test their might" on.

(Just to be completely clear this was my idea, a fan fiction of sorts and is in no way officially endorsed by any of the Project 1999 staff as a possible future outcome to the server.)
Last edited by guineapig; 03-20-2011 at 11:55 PM..