View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay. Pretty sure I'm going with MNK/SHM. It's just that third spot.

I'm not too worried about snap agro. With good MNK pulls, SHM root parking, and AE slows in higher more hectic places.

I'm thinking another MNK or a WAR might be good?

With a MNK two Mends popping can help heals, FD to share agro/dmg well between them.

With a WAR's higher AC the DMG taken would be less, but DPS would drop.

Not sure what's better.
If you're doing shaman+monk for the first two characters, almost anything will work for the third, including a second monk or a warrior.

However, if you're concerned that your dad can't handle (or doesn't want to handle) things like charming or quadding? Well... he probably isn't shaman material at all (they're really busy to play well), and he probably isn't monk material if the monk needs to be tanking and pulling either (pulling can be demanding). Most casters can be played without a lot of effort, although a chanter/necro/bard/druid who isn't on top of his game is only half of what the class could be (again, all classes that have a lot to pay attention to and do to get a good bang for the buck).

Mage, monk (who isn't the puller), warrior, rogue maybe... might be the best choices to work well with shaman+monk while also not being as demanding in order to contribute a lot? Mage, monk, and rogue do a ton of DPS and can just hang out with the shaman most of the time while the (first) monk does pulling and tanking. Druid would be solid too though without being quite as demanding in this trio as chanter/necro/bard... they contribute a fair amount of damage through dots and damage shield, can help with some buffs to relieve mana costs for shaman, have snare and roots for CC, and ports would be fantastic for a trio like this imo.