View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also remember A LOT of trial and error, wiping, and being a part of explorative / suicide mission information gathering groups.
I played in Arch Overseers on Bristlebane, which was not quite the bleeding edge like LoS, but we had some kunark/velious server firsts and a hand full of world-firsts later in luclin/PoP.

The suicide mission scouting groups were a fond memory I'll never forget. I remember spending lots of time dying over and over engaging new bosses, just trying to figure out what they hit for, what the AE's actually did, or who could tank/how many clerics were needed. Or trying to figure out a pull. Those strategy sessions would usually happen before bringing the whole raid in. And it was all done in text either in game or on the guild forum, no one used voice back then. EQ was an entirely different game with so many unknown factors

Also what you said about Trak really sparked some memories. I remember 8 hour trak raids where we would just wipe over and over. That little cave with the reets in the jugg area was known as "afk cave" where people would afk while CR's happened. trak was hard as hell back then