View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default Kazen Fecae (Lake Rathe) - Necromancer Epic

You should be able to trigger the Bone Golem chain event in Lake Rathe by 1) turning Symbol of Testing (Mainsi Herb) to Kazen Fecae or 2) killing Kazen Fecae himself. This is supported by several posts on Allahkazam from late 2002, and further evidenced by a patch note on January 28, 2003, identifying the shortcut and disabling it.

Currently, you can only trigger the Bone Golem chain event by turning in the Symbol of Loyalty. This should be changed for the duration of the server to allow Kazen Fecae's death to begin the chain as well.

Nov 01 2002
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...03612663564050
Quote:
well... time to clear some stuff up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] No 1... this guy never aoe'd us when we did this tonight... no 2 His apprentice can dd for 700... no 3 he doesn't hit for 1400 consistantly... one time was 1400 then 100, the next 1100 then 500, next 200, 100... he's very inconsistant... we did it with 9 people and only 1 healer... I recommend 2 but not too tough. And yes... you can kill him to bypass the chardok piece of the necro epic... killing him spawns the needed npcs that drop the stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oct 21 2002
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...03520320179197
Quote:
Okay here goes. My necro friend says that theres an alternative way of doing part of the necro epic. To avoid going to chardok you must kill Kazen and his other wizzy friend. Once you have killed them both, 2 skellys (unsure of level, blue to 52 Ranger) will pop. You need to kill these asap so they dont despawn. Once those 2 have been killed, a spectre (red to 52 ranger) will spawn. Kill this guy and he will drop part of the necro epic (unsure of what it is, was 4am in the UK when i helped out so i had to log as soon as he was down). Anyway, info on the mobs. We had 3 groups with average level of around 54 (no 60's) First of all we killed Kazen's friend who was no problem at all. Then it was time for Kazen.....a totally different story. He AoE nukes for 700ish then when hes OOM he starts to double for 1400 (not a typo 1400!!!!!) We somehow managed to kill him, iwas the only melee alive due to the fact i got feared for half the fight and the casters had lots of agro so i just ran around after him till he ran. The 2 skellys tha were next werent a problem with only a handful of us left. Then the spectre spawned, quads for about 200 and fast. Most of the healers were oom so i dropped at the very end with the spectre on about 2%hp.

Anyway, hope this helps you. Not sure if its easier than the chardok part but it was fun for sure.

Pentegal
52 Ranger (Maison Noble) Xegony

Changed on 01/28/2003:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030128.html
Quote:
Killing Kazen Fecae is no longer a viable path to the completion of the Necromancer Epic quest.