View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also alot of "proof by your description" that claims Mohammad existed and was the final prophet of god and that jesus was not the son.

?Derp
No, there isn't.

Religious texts that discuss things like god and Jesus' (or Mohammad's) relationship to a god are not "proof". They're religious texts. You can believe or not. There is no proof that Jesus was the son of a god any more than there is evidence that Mohammad was the final prophet. That isn't covered by what we're discussing.

There is, however, a plethora of evidence describing Jesus and his life (and death), from a variety of both religious and secular sources in close historical proximity to Jesus. Many of the basic facts and accounts are corroborated by multiple authors.

I'm not as familiar with Mohammad, to be honest. But I'm not discussing religious aspects. I'm discussing whether or not the person in question existed. In the case of Jesus, there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that he did -- relatively speaking, of course.