View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Eqgame.exe Application Error

Whenever I try to launch EQ through the emulauncher (or really, any other launcher for that matter) I get "Eqgame.exe - application error ; The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

I was able to play this game perfectly fine a couple of months ago, but have been completely unable to log on since then. I haven't changed anything in terms of computer specs.

I have also seen many of the "fixes" and tried them, such as: going into eqclient.ini and changing the parameters etc etc~ But literally NOTHING is fixing this.

I have also checked the event log for whats causing the issue, and its saying that there is a faulty module for CRYPTBASE.dll, which I have no idea of its nature or purpose.

In either case, if anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it, since I am feeling nostalgic and am hoping to play some EQ before EQN rolls around.

If you need additional details, just ask me, I'll be checking often.

If you would like to suggest a fix that is easily found, I'll give it a try (again) to see if it works.

Thanks again, and sorry for the troubles.