View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Default Is a "No Lock-Down" Rule Possible?

Back in the day the king camp in Sebilis was all but locked down for an extended period of time, creating a monopoly on Fungi Tunics. Going back farther, even when the server had a much lower population the mana orb camp was reportedly locked down also. And I'd imagine that more experienced P99ers can share other lock-down stories.

But here's the thing: no one I've ever met in P99 thinks players locking down a camp is a good thing (and to be clear I mean for weeks at a time, not some guy holding a camp all Saturday). The idea is universally hated, and it's also something that didn't happen (that I ever heard of at least) on live during the classic period.

So with green coming "someday", this made me wonder: why doesn't P99 have an anti-lock-down rule? Then I thought, well maybe it's impossible to write such a rule that works, is fair, and isn't a nightmare for the staff to enforce? But then again, maybe it is.

TLDR: Would it be possible to add a rule on P99 to prevent players from monopolizing camps for weeks at a time, and if so what would that rule be?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.