View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy in a wheelchair was outside a mental health clinic, minor detail. I bet me and a buddy could have tipped this guy over from behind in a couple of minutes, failing that, boxing him in easy. I love how people defend the right for cops to shoot people first, not as a last resort.

And the canadian taser guy, that is such a bad example, did you see the video? He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.
Cops, whether good or bad, are put into their positions to protect the public from all types of threats or potential threats. Including the fact that it was right outside of a mental health clinic is an unnecessary detail, as most people with the capacity to stab a police officer and throw a knife at another ;when give instructions that EVERY other person gets when confronted by law enforcement, obviously have something wrong with them, no matter what building they are standing just out side of.

The officers assessed the situation. Fired beanbag rounds to incapacitate and take out any other potential unseen threat(i.e. a gun or another knife) and then proceeded from there. I'm sorry but a few bruises from a beanbag sack are a small price to pay for stabbing someone and attempting to injure another with like 8 guns pointed at you. I hope that some day all of these people that are crying about excessive force are faced with the same situation and actually take a stabbing and then maybe a bullet so they can understand just how appropriate the officers actions actually were. Ever been to san fran? There certainly is no shortage of psychopathic hobos and daily problems involving them.