Thread: Server Status
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Large Rat

Characters: Knahsgin - 50 mage, Plep - 46 cleric.

Quote:
Spell System - Generally Good / Bad? Any tweaks needed?
I enjoy the resist system. Don't care to nit-pick about tweaks. I do believe CC's landing more often for shorter durations and also removing movement buffs is a good offset. Anything further is going to sway a lot from classic and cause more issues than it manages to fix.

Quote:
Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad?
PvP Range - This is changing soon.. either to a straight 5 or 6 level difference or a dynamic difference based on levels, with lower levels having a smaller pvp range and scaling all the way to the current 8 level difference at around level 40.
These go hand-in-hand for me. Drop the dynamic system and set a permanent level range for PvP, whether it scales or not. Dynamic system is a mess waiting to happen. There shouldn't be another minute spent working on that system.

No issues with the server are significant enough for me to spend my time caring about, regardless of what class I play. I'm not going to change my mind about playing because melee range and damage is a little off, or spells land too much/too little. Overall everything seems decent - I'm sure minor tweaks will be required after release but that should be expected, nothing to cry about.