Thread: Log Parsers
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Klath, I would love to get a download if you ever find out if its allowed. seems useful.

technically, you could have done this in classic it just reads logs, and its not showeq where it shows you thinks you cant see.

Should be allowed, but i wouldnt use it until you are sure.
My petition hasn't been answered but from what people have said it seems like this type of log parser probably isn't a violation of the server rules. Still, use at your own risk.

The following RAR file contains an MSI file you can use to install on your system. If you want to get rid of the software you can use the "Programs and Features" app in the control panel and uninstall EQGPS.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3563361625/EQGPSSetup.rar

I've included maps for most of the zones but some of them may be misnamed. In order to identify when you have zoned and a new map needs to be loaded I look for log entries like...

[Fri Oct 22 15:51:18 2010] You have entered East Commonlands.

...and derive the name of the zone by taking the text between the phrase "You have entered " and the terminating period. Since I don't have a character that can easily get to all of the zones I've had to guess at some of the names. So, if you zone in some place and don't see a map, look in the directory where you installed to and see if there is a map image and an ini file that might represent your zone and rename them accordingly. If you stumble across one of these, let me know the correct name.

I haven't included maps for these zones...

Crypt of Dalnir
Mines of Nurga
Temple of Droga
The Arena

...but if someone has and can post the corresponding "You have entered" line from their log, I'll add the maps and calibrations.