View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. The only reason I do the dumbbell presses is because I broke my wrist awhile ago and I had to stop doing push-ups because of it. If you haven't broken a wrist you can replace the dumbbells with push-ups (as many as you can) and then the only equipment you'll need is some kind of mat to do the crunches on.
See Loramin, I can discuss this topic with you and others because you write to enlighten and connect positively with others. (You are not telling others what you do for your own ego.)

I stopped doing regular pushups a while back and found that dips work better for me now. Less stress on my lower back, and is actually a more complex exercise than the pushup.

I prefer calisthenics over weight lifting, but do barbell curls/presses and dumbbell curls/presses occasionally and that's the only free weight exercises I do now.

I stick to body squats, dips, inclined pushups on steps to take pressure off my back, and if I am feeling really motivated I will do lunges and calf raises too.

Basically I do mostly complex calisthenics that work larger muscle groups as well as smaller ones that are working in tandem to build practical strength.