View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never read past page 2 because it was just going to be one of those threads again. What I was saying is that maybe they shouldn't have clusterfucked/douchebagged eachother and complained to volunteering guides so much in the first place. What I'm trying to say here is, to have made these raid proposals to eachother months ago before the forums/guides were too overwhelmed by them bitching.

edit: I mean, why act like children until something is held from you/you're somewhat disciplined and THEN work something out? Couldn't just do it beforehand?
You're right, people should not have clusterfucked each other in the first place. And persons can do that, but people cannot, as Uthgaard has already explained. One person can and will fuck the whole system for his own good at the expense of the people. That is society; the US economy should not have clusterfucked itself in the first place either, but it has. All you can do now is pick up the pieces and move forward. What you should/could/would have done is irrelevant, its only what you can do now that will create change.

To that end, a solution was proposed, and shot down. Like the NBA, we are at an impasse. However, beyond a short-sighted agreement over VP, a whole new Raiding Management Structure (TM) should be developed by the leadership, because it is that leadership (the RMS and the people enforcing it) that will govern the raiding scene going forward. Within the new RMS, all other methods of killing mobs, poopsocking, training, etc. that can occur, will occur. Rules will be established, followed, bent, pushed, prodded and outright broken. Persons will screw people over, as they have been doing under the current system. All that can be done is to address the current problem to the best of your ability. Like the hacker/security relationship, its a back and forth struggle that will not end.

Once upon a time, the current raid rules were an improvement over the old, now the new has become old, and a new new shall rise from the ashes. Change, the only constant.