Thread: Game Mechanics: Lets Talks About Velious Binding Rules
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Lets Talks About Velious Binding Rules

Problem:

Players can currently bind in Velious INDOOR dungeons. This is not a classic mechanic.

Binding Guide 2001

Quote:
Exactly where a caster can bind themselves depends on what area of the game we're talking about. In the area of the original game (i.e. Antonica, Faydwer, and Odus) a caster can bind themself anywhere, inside or out. In Kunark and Velious, however, they are only able to bind themselves in outdoor areas, and can not bind themselves in dungeons.
Basically what we have right now is an issue where Velious is allowing players to bind themselves anywhere they want (except Kael, which has restrictions on binding outside of entrance areas). Players should only be able to bind in outdoor zones or in cities. However currently players on P99 can bind in indoor dungeons.

This is not classic and it poses an enormous balance issue. Indoor Velious dungeons should not allow players to bind in, caster or Melee with Locket. This means people on P99 can incorrectly bind in:
  • Tower of Frozen Shadow
  • Crystal Caverns
  • Velketor's Labryinth
  • Dragon Necropolis
  • Temple of Veeshan
  • Sleeper's Tomb

For the lower level zones this doesn't present too much of a balance concern. However in Velks, DN, ToV and ST you are able to do some ridiculous trains and pulls that weren't remotely possible in classic via using monks binding with lockets, Necros FDed with non-aggroed pets, instant gate potions and TL boxes. You can bind mages in safe spots in ToV or Velks or DN and gate to instantly set up CotH chains as well.

There is no evidence to suggest you could ever bind in any of these indoor Kunark or Velious zones. All posts about bind spots from classic refer to "behind Sontalak at ToV" or "outside of Sebilis". No one was binding inside these Kunark/Velious dungeons because it wasn't possible, and never has been on Live. Even today you cannot bind characters in these high end dungeons.

Evidence:

Halls of Testing Guide

Quote:
- Casters bind at the two Colums before enttering ToV
EQClerics 2001 Bind Talk

Quote:
Lately? Behind Sontalak at the entrance to Temple of Veeshan.
Quote:
Greetings!

Outside ToV behind Sontalak.
Quote:
Outside ToV behind Sontolak, popular spot....

I also have my druid bound there so I can go wherever I want for other raids, bank etc, and gate back.
Quote:
Hehehe, same as a lot of others. Outside ToV at the zone-in pillar behind Sontalak.
EQClerics HoT Guide 2001

Quote:
1. Getting to ToV will be easy as you are not KoS to CoV - so you dont have to worry about Sontalak. Have all casters bind right outside
Allakhazam Zone Comments

Quote:
For those who have visited this place I have a few questions I would like to ask :

1 ) Where is the nearest zone other than ToV you can bind in (also tanks)
Quote:
1) Yes Skyshrine for melees, but casters can bind right there in WW. I'd just be very careful as to where you bind there....
I'll dig for more but everything here points to suggesting you could not bind inside. There isn't any reason everyone would bind outside when Sontalak could be trained on them when instead they could bind inside ToV in the safe entry room.

Indoor Kunark/Velious dungeons should all be flagged NO bind.

Solution:
  • Any player with a bind location in one of the above zones should have their bind location reset to East Commonlands (or some default safe zone).
  • Prevent any player from binding in these zones in the future.
Last edited by Daldaen; 12-01-2015 at 11:05 AM..