View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, I've noticed paladins also synergise very well with enchanters, able to damageless stun/root/FoL mobs in camp to give the enc breathing room.

All a ranger can really do in this situation is try to take aggro with snare and that is it.

Paladin is objectively the better tank (for your reasons and more) but rangers are passable tanks for far longer than they are given credit for.

If you specifically want to tank then unless you are planning to form all your own groups I would recommend against rolling a ranger. Not cos they are particularly bad; as I've noted they are actually good for most of the levels and passable even later on. However, the meta is against them tanking in so far as you are not going to receive group invites to tank with a ranger.

Sure, you might be asked to tank so the monk can pull (often a mistake imho, monk tanking and dps far outstrips that of most classes and rangers can pull sufficiently well in many areas). Or maybe if the 'real' tank has gone afk or had to split (note if the afk tank is a warrior, just root park the mob on his toes as you would be doing otherwise and let him tank it while afk). However, in these situations you will be asked to tank with rolling eyes, 'thank god I have clarity' and so on.