View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

This is something comes up frequently on the boards, usually with nec/chr...shaman/chr is a new question but the answer is basically the same:

How it was on live in era is irrelevant (even less relevant is how we remember it being on live). P99 is a different animal. Unless someone has test parses with a large enough pool of data to demonstrate then I wouldn't trust anything here.

Having said that, the consensus has been for necs that charisma (higher or lower) has no effect on charm duration on p99 (which is how it was on live). Having played a nec to 60 on p99 I can only confirm that this was my anecdotal experience as a nec who did a ton of undead charming. Just about everyone that I trust has more or less confirmed the same for me from their anecdotal experiences with their necro toons. It was never important enough to me that I thought it warranted the time it would take to experiment and parse the data out.

The shaman question regarding charm/charisma is interesting, but even more murky than the necro question as it is such a small (probably nearly non existent) tool for most shamans.
Last edited by fastboy21; 06-17-2014 at 08:52 PM..