View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Sarnak

First off... Thank you Haynar.

I logged into North Ro to see how this new lighting worked and I couldn't be more happy. It was like I was back on Classic. It sparked a memory of hunting Dervishes solo on my live Rogue, with rain pouring down and only the bandit's campfire to illuminate the night as nightmarish creatures roamed the dunes...

Lanterns, Torches, my character's Dance of the Fireflies spell, were all so comically useless before. I was doing some testing for brightness and confirmed the items have different levels/fields of illumination. Firefly Globe gave off a soft orange glow, whereas a Small Lantern was much brighter and had a greater field of effect. I can also confirm my Infra-vision had a noticeable effect after those first ten seconds or so it takes to kick in.

My User Interface is certainly darker, but nothing unmanageable. Maybe a few of my darker color hotkeys/text fields will need to be brightened but it's nothing like some of the screenshots I've been seeing posted here. Totally usable.

I'm not like these other savages, Haynar, I'm not so addled with ADHD that I need to keep EverQuest in a window in the corner of my screen while I watch a movie and browse Facebook while Skyping my nephew on a separate monitor.

Full screen in this new lighting is all the immersion I've ever wanted. I can't wait to see those hapless Humans and their ilk stumble around the night and bump into trees. Perhaps I'll offer them A Torch...
Last edited by Feanol; 12-02-2014 at 04:39 AM..