View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallammarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting, I play a necro and my wife became interested in P99 and made a bard. I was wondering how well they work as a duo. Sorry to derail but seems everyone else gave pretty good advice where to hunt already :-P
We've done pretty well, but I haven't played EQ in so long, I don't know what would be considered "good".

The Necro Pet and Bard can take turns tanking, and if things get hairy (in an outdoor zone at least) the necro can grab aggro and kite... fear kiting works too, but at the lower levels the mana cost for fear is steep.

Another advantage we have is that the Bard's healing song coupled with Dark pact gives the necro a pretty steady manaflow without sacrificing life. It's probably what it feels like to be an Iksar with Dark pact on =P.

The last advantage I've found is that we're super versatile in groups. We've grouped with all tanks, all dps, and a variety and been able to fill the gaps. I've even been healer as the necro and we've done fine. For that, we had health song and dark pact up and I would alternate Dark Empathy with Lifespike... basically transerring life from the mob to our main tank. It was inefficient compared to a real healer, but I was all we had.

Just be careful with your DOTS... you'll steal aggro from the bard and pet in a heartbeat.