View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. That actually sounds like a fun little project for me. I'm a long-time programmer in many languages and I wouldn't mind at least testing my hand at it. I'll let you know if anything comes of it. If anyone else wants to take a crack, go for it--at the end of the day, just having something nice and functional is the goal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Here's a question -- should Green/Teal have the same tracker? Should the wiki attempt to resolve the 2 servers into 1 from a price perspective, or should they have separate economies? I'm thinking if they have 2 separate it would be easier to implement and players could just compare them if needed rather than attempting to combine for now.
Awesome! As I said I'm a programmer, so I know all about getting excited to start a project ... and then not finishing it (the wiki is littered with such projects of mine in fact) ... but if you do pull it off obviously a lot of people would love you.

As for the two server thing, keep in mind that there's a strong chance the two will merge at some point. Because of that, and because the Green/Teal economies should be about the same, I'd lean more towards having one combined tracker for both.

But don't let "perfect become the enemy of good": we'd all be better off with separate trackers for Green and Teal, vs. only having the current Blue tracker.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.