View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of complaints about the "frozen in time" crawling along feeling of the server, but the sanctuary aspect OP discusses is one positive for casual players. After all back in the day, classic, kunark, & velious eras only lasted a few months, at most a year and a half so they were quite fleeting.

The fact that those fleeting moments captured so many of us that we all find ourselves here these days, good sign of something worth preserving.

I do wonder, when the server is "perfect", what is the ideal scenario? An infinite loop? Classic > Kunark > Velious > End > Wipe? > Classic (loops)

Or do we move onto custom content?

Post appreciated.
My opinion on it is it should be left as it is, and when you max out so to speak you reroll or find things to do that you enjoy. I believe if the game is now a "classic" you have to just leave it as is so people can experience it when they want to experience it. A good analogy to this would be if you had a game like ocarina of time. This is an old game now, but no one ever wishes more could be added on to it. They go back and replay it through and enjoy it and that's that really. People of course want new games like it, but the old games that are good I think have to be appreciated for what they are.