View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heck why do people avoid Druid? If I can ever figure out how to install the game I wanted to play a Druid.
In this era (Verant vastly improved things for Druids later on, but we'll never see those changes here) Druids are a jack-of-all-trades, master of none class. They can heal, but clerics heal much better. They can DPS, but they're focused on short "splurts" of damage; over the long term a rogue (for instance) is going to much more damage. Druids can charm, but not as well as Enchanters (and can only charm animals).

So if you're building a group, you want to pick the class that's optimal for whatever slot you're filling, and Druids are sub-optimal for all slots. But that being said ... who needs 6-man groups?

Druids can solo all the way to 60 if they want, with three different styles (root/rot, charm, and quad kite) to choose from. They can also form great duos or trios, and pretty much any class can raid, so it's not like a druid will be bored on this server unless they just sit in Crushbone/Karnor's/other "happy path" zones and wait for an invite. But if that is what you want to do, Druid is the wrong class to pick: go make a cleric or enchanter or something else instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-24-2017 at 06:08 PM..