Thread: Jboots camp
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

You'll probably want to wait until you can handle everything the camp might throw at you. Sand giants are harder than AC, and it would suck to sit and camp the thing for two hours only to end up with a sand giant PH that you can't kill. Most people wait until they're close to 40, and those who camp it at a much lower level were probably just lucky not to get a sand giant spawn. Some of the giants are level 34, some are 38 or so, and they're all severely underconned with much more health and resists than a normal mob of their level. AC itself can be killed at level 30-31ish if your gear isn't terrible, but I wouldn't bother going for the camp at that level. Even if you can kill a sand giant at level 33 or 34, you'll want to be able to control when you kill them so that you can make sure it dies at the right time. If it takes you several minutes to kill them, you won't always be able to get two spawns per night. You're better off getting a few more levels, probably to mid-30s, and then hoping you don't get a level 38 sand giant. I camped it on a 34 SK and it went alright, but I could just as easily have had to give up if I got a red giant.
Last edited by greatdane; 07-07-2011 at 09:15 PM..