View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.
I think you underestimate the amount of time necessary to just run the servers.

There is staff, petitions, etc this is not a small team and while it's likely they have it on back burner for now, it doesn't mean it's 0 work.

They pushed Green towards the end of its timeline, sleeper is gone, Chardok 2.0 is up

They probably watched the effects of Quarm, which might be more successful than they anticipated.

Numbers on Green/Blue have dwindled, but prime time is still above 1k cumulated, they're probably happy with that.

The big difference between other servers and P99 is that the staff does take decisions in a very discreet fashion. They do not care about players opinions, they are there to reach the goals they set (classic eq) and that's it.

If, given the certain amount of workw they see a merge of green/blue as beneficiary to the project, it will happen, regardless of the hurdles.

I'm pretty sure they'd be excited about a new server as well, especially one with race based PVP like VZ/TZ which is still an experience missing here.

It's very likely that a new p99 experience will happen in the next years.

Whether or not this involves green/blue to merge remains to be seen, even though it would make the most sense from a player base split perspective :

1x new progression server active

1x legacy server where players all end up